Hazel partners with schools and families to provide physical and mental virtual health care that helps students feel better and get back to learning. As telehealth becomes more and more relevant in the lives of children, Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth. Our innovative response to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare has been recognized by Fast Company as “one of the world’s most innovative places to work” in 2023.
Helping students and their families feel better takes a team of smart, dedicated people. As an integral member of the Hazel team, you will…
- Make an Impact: Work with a team that is increasing equitable access to quality healthcare experiences for students and their families
- Enable Scale: Work with a team that is building and professionalizing a high-growth high impact social enterprise
- Feel Valued: Work with a team that is being compensated competitively, developed professionally, and celebrated frequently for making a meaningful difference
The Role: As a Clinical Support Specialist (CSS), your primary responsibility will be to support Hazel Health providers before, during, and after telemedicine visits through patient assistance, technology support, and follow-up communication. Our CSSs are often the first point of contact for our families and must be compassionate, organized, and able to make sound decisions.
Role Title: Clinical Support Specialist
This role is working over a 10-month period, Monday-Friday.
What You'll bring:
- Manage telemedicine visit queue
- Support provider team with phone calls to families
- Manage general chat, relay messages to appropriate staff, and create job tickets for school/initiator needs
- Provide interpretation and translation, as needed
- Answers parent/guardian questions and relay information back to the provider
- Troubleshoot minor technical difficulties and escalate to technical team when needed
- Work with team to identify process improvements and document new procedures
- Ensure continuity of care by acting as a liaison between patient’s primary care and Hazel
- Provide back-up coverage to other support staff
What Excite us:
- Passion for our mission
- Prior experience in a clinical environment required (1-2 years preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Fluency or ability to communicate in Spanish strongly preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set appropriate priorities
- Ability to work autonomously with efficiency and attention to detail
- Experience maintaining confidentiality with sensitive information
The compensation range for this role is $19.00-$23.00/hour with a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid time off, and a broad range of other benefits. Peruse our benefits at Hazel Health Benefits.
We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. Hazel Health values the minds, experiences, and perspectives of people from all walks of life. We are proud to value diversity and be an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the Fair Hiring laws.