Manager - Business Development and International Sales
We are looking for candidates with good communication skills and a strong command of English, as we manufacture and export a B2B product portfolio to all major global markets. Since it is a technical product we prefer our candidates to have a first degree in science with experience in sales and marketing. The applicant should possess good analytical skills, a persistent and confident personality, and be resourceful in finding and utilizing databases, which will include having a strong LinkedIn presence. The ideal candidate will lead initiatives to generate and engage with business partners to build new business for the company. They should be able to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute a particular strategy.
- Conduct market research to identify new business opportunities and potential customers, and develop market penetration and distribution strategies.
- Coordination and follow-up of the monthly sales of the department in collaboration with the customer and other team members/departments in the company. The sales include exports and local sales from our factories in Sri Lanka, Indonesia, and Thailand undertaken by the department.
- Maintaining and reporting on order placement, customer follow-up communication, and documentation
- Market and product development responsibility assigned by region and/or customers would entail, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Coordinating sales, marketing, and business development activities.
- Analysis of monthly statistics jointly with the team members/direct reports to understand and record competitor activity and pricing,
- Develop marketing and promotional material, and identify and participate in exhibitions.
- Utilizing LinkedIn and paid databases such as ZoomInfo to initiate communication with key purchasing or technical in targeted organizations globally
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science with Chemistry as a subject from a recognized university
- Interested in a career in B2B marketing and sales?
- An MBA or any other Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Previous work experience in a relevant field for a minimum of 5 years
- Excellent working knowledge of English and communication skills.
- Good communication, negotiation, and PR skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and under pressure.
- Ability to travel overseas for customer meetings as required.
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role, please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied for in the subject line of the email. The closing date for applications will be 18th November 2023.
The pay and benefits of this position will be competitive, and the rewards are performance-driven.
Hayleys is an Equal Opportunity Employer.