- Strategically plan production schedules, implementation and control of same.
- Ensure timely decisions about equipment use, maintenance and modification.
- Assist and coordinate with the business units in demand planning and import scheduling.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and intervene where necessary to achieve a high level of production.
- Liaise, establish and maintain strong relationships with government agencies and other related regulatory authorities, i.e., Sri Lanka Customs, Import Control Department, Registrar of Pesticides, Ministry of Agriculture, Freight Forwarders, Clearing Agents and Banks etc. to ensure smooth functioning of the factory.
- Develop and maintain good relationship with local suppliers, service providers and labour contractors.
- Management of overall security arrangements and factory administrative functions.
- Drive “best practices” in all areas of responsibility and drive increased effectiveness and efficiency to ensure a high level of performance.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Agriculture or an equivalent qualification from a recognized University or Institute.
- Minimum of 3 years Managerial experience in the relevant field, preferably in the Agriculture industry.
- Good interpersonal skills to manage internal & external stakeholders.
- A team player with good communication skills & strategic mindset.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of responsibility in a very competitive environment.
- Experience in SAP, Microsoft Tools and Digitalization of all the functions will be an added advantage.