- Attend to customer inquiries over the phone and respond to e-mails/letters in a timely manner.
- Generate files containing cargo/freight details from the principal’s system and down load data to the local system for the purpose of calculating agency remuneration and preparing other finance and operational reports.
- Report cargo manifests (manually & electronically) to Sri Lanka customs and ports authority/HIPG to meet local regulatory requirements and ensure smooth delivery of cargo to the local consignees.
- Monitor the performance of other vessels by regular follow ups and secure an on arrival berth for own vessels in order to meet the principals requirement.
- Ensure timely, attentive and responsible communication with principals, ports/terminals, master of vessels and customers in order to keep the standards.
- Preparation of accurate declarations by proper updating of the local computer system in order report same to local authorities (SLPA/terminals/SL Customs, SL Navy etc) in timely manner.
- Board the vessel to coordinate with vessel command and port authority/terminal to facilitate safe and quality cargo operations in order to ensure principal and customer satisfaction.
- Discharge/load all planned cargo by coordinating with Terminals operator in order to meet customer satisfaction and company goals.
- Maintaining of the Quality standards by properly following the processes & work instructions as set out in the quality system in order to avoid any non-conformities.
- Maintain Files/Documented records by proper use of filing methods and record room facilities in order to have all required information stored with ease of retrieving.
- Inform cargo arrival information to customers and maintain accuracy of the charges invoiced.
- Update necessary information and close vessels in Logix system timely manner to generate monthly commission statements.
- Smooth TS connection by coordinating with Principals /Origin port agents/Terminals/ & coordinating depts, to meet head office requirements and to achieve budgeted revenues.
- Attend to daily inquiries by providing information to relevant parties within 24 hours in order to ensure customer/principal satisfaction.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE / TRAINING / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR POSITION
- 6 passes with 'C' for Mathematics and English at the GCE O/Levels or London O/Levels AND
- Minimum 2 passes at the GCE A/Levels OR
- Successfully completion of UGC approved A/L equivalent foundation course
- Diploma in International Shipping and Logistics or equivalent course
- A minimum of 1 year relevant professional experience
- Excellent command language
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role, please click on APPLY NOW within 20 days of this advertisement
Pay and benefits of the above position will be competitive and the rewards are performance driven.
Hayleys is an Equal Opportunity Employer