- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure ongoing feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Preparing purchase orders and organizing and confirming timely delivery of goods and services as per the specification.
- Perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Analysis of past data to predict unfavorable events and prepare appropriate control strategies.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement cost.
- Preparing procurement reports.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE / TRAINING / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR POSITION
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or any closely related fields from a reputed University or Institute.
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years’ experience in similar position, preferably in a mechanical / marine company.
- Proven leadership and analytical skills.
- Proficient in use of SAP or similar ERP system & MS office applications.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Exposure in freight option / Custom policies & supply chain management would be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.