- Ensure timely provision of accurate management accounts by regular monitoring of revenue recognition, recording of expenditure in order to assist decision making.
- Prepare and present the annual budgets by coordinating with the other departments and facilitate the preparation of the annual strategic plan of the organization.
- Facilitate the annual audit by coordinating with auditors and providing necessary documents to ensure a true and fair view of accounts presented thereby safeguarding the interests of stakeholders.
- Ensure effective tax management by timely and accurate planning of statutory obligations to avoid penalties and to ensure the compliance.
- To develop and manage the team by providing regular feedback and guidance on individual performance, assessing individual training needs and sourcing relevant training in order to ensure employee motivation, career development and thereby achieve department objectives.
- Ensure adherence to group credit policy by regular monitoring of debt collections, granting / extending of credit facilities, evaluating credit worthiness of customers, to avoid any financial losses and to improve the cash flow of the company.
- Negotiate & obtain better rates/facilities with banks and other service providers by monitoring developments in the market to reduce costs by controlling expenses.
- Maintain an effective treasury management system by regularly monitoring of debts and liabilities to improve the working capital and thereby maximize interest income to the company.
- Ensure compliance to labour regulations and safety of fixed assets by obtaining relevant insurance policies and enforcing necessary procedures to minimise risk and financial losses.
- Represent the company at all finance, Legal and other forums by providing specialist knowledge, to assist decision making and safeguard interests of the company.
- Adherence to all policies procedures introduced by Group finance, by implementing them at Company level and reviewing existing company procedures on a periodic basis to ensure compliance and to avoid any malpractices.
- Manage general administrative activities including HR and IT and do necessary coordination with group HR and ISD teams and ensure the compliance to group policies.
- Perform additional duties commensurate with the current role, as and when requested by management.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE / TRAINING / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR POSITION
- An associate member of ICASL/CIMA/ACCA with a minimum 05 years of experience in a similar capacity
- A University degree will be an added advantage
- Adequate knowledge of tax and related regulations in Sri Lanka
- Required knowledge about IFRS and IASs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.