This job is expired
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks a Content Editor to join our Humanities team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Content Editors contribute to the development of Humanities products, including curricular and ancillary materials, by editing to ensure consistency in language, voice, and presentation within and across projects. Editors work closely with the content development teams, copy edit team, and production teams to ensure a consistent and coherent editorial approach to each project. As the final editorial layer before content moves to production, editors focus on readability, clarity, concision, consistency, coherence, and adherence to established style. This is a highly collaborative role that requires excellent communication skills, in particular the abilities to provide clear, actionable, and educative feedback; distill complex information and share it with others; and adapt to a variety of individual communication styles and needs.
● Senior Editor
● Minimum three years of experience working as an editor and/or copyeditor
● Excellent interpersonal communication skills in an all-remote working environment
● Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking
● Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite Adobe InCopy;; and Microsoft SharePoint/Sites or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems
● Mindset that values an iterative cycle of ideation, thought partnering, prototyping, drafting, development, review, and revision
● Highly organized and detail oriented with a track record of meeting short - and long-term responsibilities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-volume organization
● Ability to manage competing priorities and communicate effectively with others to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
● Ability to quickly internalize and apply feedback and updates to guidelines
● Excellent attention to detail and the drive to work toward precise, error-free work while adhering to editorial guidelines and processes Ideal Attributes
● Avid commitment to and concern for details required in accomplishing a task, no matter how small
● Ability to remain flexible in an ambiguous, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
● Proficiency at both working independently and collaborating as part of a team
● Capacity to embrace a learner mindset that is receptive to feedback with a focus on reflective practice
● Willingness to bring a proactive problem-solving orientation to every task
● Commitment to high standards and continuous improvement
● Passion for and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum
● Appreciation for the challenges and victories faced everyday by classroom teachers
● Commitment to collective authorship
● Deep belief that every child is capable of greatnessRequired Education
● High School Diploma/GED
● Future travel (5-10%) may be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. For residents of the State of Colorado the expected salary range for this position is $63,353.99 – $74,440.94. This range may vary above and below the expected amounts in the State of Colorado. In addition to the Company's benefit offerings, the position may be eligible for additional annual incentives at the Company's discretion. Any offered salary and other incentives are based on market data, applicant skills and relevant experience, degrees, certifications and internal equity considerations.
If selected for an interview a background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.