Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Technical Account Manager
Our customers are interested in optimizing their product delivery, global footprint, and user experience using the Fastly platform. You will be on the front lines of this adoption as a Technical Account Manager within the Fastly Revenue Organization. As a trusted customer advocate, the TAM will help organizations understand various technologies such as Edge Computing and CDN architectures, as well as assisting them on efficiently migrating existing workload to Fastly, all while linking technology with measurable business value.
You should be able to demonstrate technical ownership across assigned strategic customer accounts, bringing emotional intelligence and clear communication to all interactions and audiences (both technical and non-technical). With your technical expertise, you should act as a problem solver, identifying challenges and advocating solutions.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about technology and have an ongoing drive and capability to absorb and retain vast amounts of deep technical information.
What You'll Do
- You'll work with assigned clients across the UK and Spain, acting as an extension of the customer’s technical team, and represent and champion the customers needs within Fastly
- Develop technical relationships with customers to build a deep understanding of their team, infrastructure, plans, and problems they are encountering
- Post sales implementation of Fastly products, such as logging endpoints, image optimization and VCL coding while documenting key aspects of the customer’s configuration for troubleshooting and engagement
- Investigate and recommend improvements to customers implementation and utilisation of Fastly’s technology stack
- Look for opportunities to introduce new Fastly products that compliment the customer’s needs
- Partner internally to create customer strategies and assist in support requests or problems for assigned customers
- Participate in regularly scheduled customer meetings on-site and by video/phone as necessary, including cadence calls and Quarterly Business Review meetings
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on the health of your customer accounts, providing regular updates to Client Services leadership
What We're Looking For
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- 5 + years Pre-Sales or Post-Sales experience in Sales Engineering, Web Development, Customer facing DevOps Engineer, Technical Account Management, or Solutions Architect
- Understanding of networking, including, BGP, internet routing, and the difference between transit and peering
- Understanding of HTTP/s, TCP, TLS, DNS, HLS, DASH, Load Balancing, Apache, NGINX
- Hands-on experience with Linux and scripting languages/tools such as (Python, Sed, Awk, Perl, JSON, Ruby, GO, Node.js)
- Experience with internet and cloud based architecture as well as an understanding of bare metal deployments as well as cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Possess a comfort level with presenting and leading customer presentations and training
- Strong interpersonal, communication and feedback (writing and verbal), critical thinking & analytical skills
- Able to present technical concepts to various business stakeholders (technical and non-technical). Able to outline deliverables and business impact.
- While most duties will be performed during normal business hours, there is an occasional requirement for a flexible schedule as necessary based on customer needs
This position is to be based in the UK or Spain. We welcome remote working from either location.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.