Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Sales Engineer - ASEAN
The Senior Sales Engineer supports our Enterprise Sales Executives, partners and Major Account Managers Across the ASEAN regions by owning the technical solution throughout the sales process. This includes initial sales prospecting, scoping and architecting solutions, running proof-of-concepts to prove ROI, training, and evangelising Fastly products in the market.
The successful candidate will have a strong desire to migrate prospects from legacy solutions to Fastly next-generation solutions to resolve speed, security, visibility and release process issues. A strong devops understanding and the ability to work with autonomy when executing pre-sales work is essential. Do you understand the link between amazing technology and business outcomes?
With an opportunity to help grow a strong business across ASEAN region, you’ll be talking to some of the largest companies in the region, simplifying web delivery architectures, solving application security problems and making the web a safer and faster place. This role reports to the APJ Sales Engineering Manager who is based in Sydney, Australia.Responsibilities
- Support a team of sales, account management and partnership colleagues throughout the opportunity lifecycle
- Be the technical expert on Fastly products, understand Fastly’s differentiators and win against our competitor’s products and services.
- Work remotely as well as face to face with customers; Fastly utilises Slack, Zoom, Jira, GSuite, Confluence, GitHub and SFDC as well as a number of sales and marketing applications.
- Keep your technical skills current and report on applicable new technology and technology-related trends, build demos and run your own lab environment.
- Represent Fastly at events and support the marketing team as a technical Subject Matter Expert; take part in online events and conferences
- Ideally 5+ Years of related professional experience in selling and scoping Internet centric software security products to technical customers and buyers in large sophisticated organisations.
- Significant experience in the ASEAN marketplace is critical
- Experience working for a vendor or systems integrator in a pre-sales capacity is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate experience and expertise with web applications, TLS, DNS, WAF and CDN. A strong understanding of CI/CD pipelines and devops would be a bonus.
- Work experience with more than one of the following:
- Scripting languages and exposure to typed programming languages
- Configuration automation solutions such as Terraform
- Web Application Firewall, bot mitigation, layered security controls and DDoS concepts
- DevSecOps tools, pen testing applications and web application security frameworks
- Exposure to public cloud computing solutions, a good understanding of regional internetworking
- Travel often within the region including India, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, The Philippines, etc. Travel to the USA and Australia may be required for some events.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is desirable
- Ability to work in SIngapore without sponsorship
We’re always looking for focused, sharp, and driven technical folks to join the Fastly team and build their careers around exciting new technologies. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.