We are NYC based, but remote friendly unless specified.
Hello, World! Codecademy is on a mission to build inspiring careers in technology through engaging, accessible, and interactive online coding education.
Our learners have gone on to start new jobs, launch new companies, and lead new lives thanks to their work with Codecademy, and our platform has transformed the way businesses develop and retain their teams.
Since 2011, our team has grown to over 200 employees serving 50+ million learners from 190+ countries. We’ve raised over $82M in venture capital funding from top investors including Prosus, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more--which gives us the capital to get stuff done in an impactful way.
Join us to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives!
India based candidates only. Full-time contract candidates only. We are building a brand-new Content team in India but we're based in NYC.
Codecademy is looking for a knowledgeable programmer or instructor to help develop Next.js and other Web Development-related courses. The Catalog Content Contributor works directly with the Codecademy Curriculum team to author interactive lessons, quizzes, and projects to help turn a high-level syllabus into reality. This is a paid, remote, full-time position.What You'll Do
- Design and author interactive lessons, quizzes, and projects
- Think pedagogically to break down technical concepts into digestible exercises
- Collaborate with Codecademy's Curriculum team to craft learning outcomes and build a compelling learner experience
- Fluency with and experience in Next.js and TypeScript
- Fluency with and experience in a front-end framework such as React, Vue.js, and Angular.js
- Fluency with and experience in a back-end framework such as Node.js and Express.js
- Experience with both software engineering and formal/informal teaching
- A strong command of written and spoken English
- Experience with developer tools such as Git, GitHub, and the command line
- Fluency with and experience in multiple front-end frameworks such as React, Vue.js, and Angular.js
- Fluency with and experience in testing suites such as Jest, React Testing Library, and Mocha
- Experience using the Codecademy platform
- Experience writing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote