At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager of hosted content on Cloudflare’s Trust and Safety team. If you’re passionate about making the web safer, have extensive experience at a hosting provider or similar organization, are driven to execute at warp-speed, like solving problems yourself and enabling technical teams to be productive and move quickly, we’d love to talk.
In this role, you’ll plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. You will coordinate closely with our engineering teams on tooling gaps and requirements. You’ll learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving. Passion for Trust & Safety and a track record of successfully managing the delivery of complete technical projects is a requirement.
- Develop and update the T&S policies, procedures, documentation, and training material for all products that have a hosted component.
- Flesh out system and tooling needs that are as yet unmet and write the business case to justify investing in new solutions.
- Anticipate management and transparency reporting data needs and work with policy managers and stakeholders to include these in requirements specifications.
- Make use of opportunities to boost team efficiencies, standardize workflows, and improve the structure and quality of data.
- Coordinate with the Trust & Safety Engineering team to advise on business and environmental changes, whether these be internal (e.g., new or improved Cloudflare features and products) or external (e.g., new regulatory requirements).
- Ensure that our systems comply with the company's security and access policies, such as the use of access restrictions and audit trails.
- Shepherd the user acceptance testing of systems and tools prior to deployment.
- Track and resolve open system issues in a timely manner.
- Manage expectations and communicate the priorities, status, and progress of projects to stakeholders.
- Minimum 6 years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry.
- Has worked at a hosting provider before. You understand the important legal and Trust & Safety requirements of being a hosting provider.
- Extensive experience with the legal considerations related to hosted content (notice & takedown).
- We are looking for a critical thinker who thrives on solving challenges in partnership with teams across Cloudflare.
- You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and display high levels of bias for action and ownership.
- The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in a number of infrastructure technologies, web services architecture and security.
- You should be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
- This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Strong communication skills across technical and non-technical audiences.
- You understand DNS and how the Internet works.
- Have experience working closely with Public Policy and Legal teams.
- Have experience working on Transparency Reports.
- Familiarity with Intermediary liability as it relates to copyright and trademark issues.
Please note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the role and may be modified as necessary to align with the company's evolving needs.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.