About the role:
Join our marketing team as a Blog Writer and Editor. You'll produce and polish high-quality, engaging content for the Chatfuel blog and social media channels. At Chatfuel, words are everything. They communicate value, inspire and compel action. The sentences you write should be crafted with care. More is not better. Write for humans. Write how you talk. What you write should incite emotion through story, deliver solutions to problems and be so damn good that people share it with others. Your words will reach hundreds of thousands of our users and prospects.
What you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Create blog posts on top-of-funnel topics related to digital marketing, and bottom-of-funnel topics related to chatbots and Chatfuel features.
- Write engaging, educational, and persuasive articles about chatbots, e-commerce, and digital marketing for our blog, based on topics agreed upon by the content team.
- Conduct research and organise facts and sources for articles. This may include working with our data (analytics) team, interviewing team members or customers, and turning the results into a compelling story.
- Consistently brainstorm and collaborate with team for new ideas and content strategies.
- Edit past blog posts as needed to keep them factual and up to date as our platform and the industry evolve.
- Assist with sourcing, writing, and scheduling social media posts for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- While not your main job, you may be asked to help with other copy such as landing pages and emails.
- You're an excellent writer with experience in content marketing (blogging specifically).
- At heart, you're a storyteller. You know how to engage an audience and make them care. You must be able to keep the attention of a reader in a long-form story.
- You hate generic, regurgitated content, despise fluff. You love to educate and persuade through your writing.
- You write clearly, simply and for humans. Basically you write how you talk.
- You have a well-trained eye for detail. (You're the one who finds typos in newspapers and menus out in the world—it's second nature to you).
- You're well-versed in AP Style and can absorb and apply an in-house style guide.
- You have interest/experience with chatbots, especially Messenger chatbots.
- You love data and can turn numbers into compelling stories.
- You've done interesting/challenging things in life that will bring a new perspective to the team.
- You understand the basics of SEO.