Reporting to EVP, Sales and Account Management, the Key Account Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and overall success of Cendyn relationships with our largest and mid-market key account customers. The accounts in this portfolio make up the highest percentage of Cendyn revenue and the Key Account Manager must build and maintain strong relationships with the customers, be the lead point of contact for all customer matters, anticipate the customer’s needs, work within Cendyn to ensure deadlines for the customer are met and help the customer succeed. The Key Account Manager will also bring in new business from their existing customer portfolio and may help develop new relationships with potential customers.
The primary focus of the role will be to develop and maintain strong relationships with the customer’s senior decision makers and executives to successfully expand utilization of Cendyn’s products and services. The role requires strategic planning, consultative up-selling and the ability to identify cross-sell opportunities.
In addition, this position is accountable for partnering with the appropriate internal resources to ensure Cendyn’s new products and product enhancements are communicated and ongoing training needs are met.
- Develop a complete, wholistic understanding of key account customers that results in solid, trusting relationships and trusted advisor status
- Create, maintain, and execute on account development plans to ensure good customer health, to mitigate churn risk and to maximize all incremental revenue opportunities
- Identify and execute on upsell opportunities to maximize revenue and collaborate with the sales team on cross-sell opportunities
- Lead monthly business meetings, QBRs and annual business reviews as appropriate.
- Oversee the extended account team assigned to each customer to ensure all customer needs and deliverables are met according to timelines and SLAs
- Ensure communication between customer and internal teams is appropriate, consistent and productive.
- Plan and present reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
- Serves as the overall customer owner ensuring that all deliverables and SLAs are met, churn risks mitigated and revenue opportunities maximized
- Creates and executes on account development plans for key accounts
- Achieves trusted advisor status with the customer, serves as the customer advocate internally and leverages all resources to ensure positive overall customer health.
- Builds and maintains ongoing business partner relationships and develop methods of customer engagement that allow for continuous improvement in customer satisfaction
- Understands customer’s short- and long-term objectives and builds a strategic plan to help them achieve the objectives
- Dedicates time understanding the hospitality industry landscape, new entrants and competition to allow for consultative conversations with key account customers
- Establishes credibility and customer confidence by implementing regular customer communication, in-person visits and performance reviews
- Understands client needs/objectives, develop strategies and recommendations with our Cendyn products to improve key performance metrics and drive revenue
- Executes monthly business reviews, QBRs and an otherwise consistent cadence of communication
- Keep highly engaged in all internal projects involving customer and various internal Cendyn departments
- Identifies opportunities for ongoing learning to ensure optimal penetration and utilization by each customer
- Conducts analyses of clients’ business challenges, needs, competitive landscape, and future plans to improve how our product can address these needs
- Provides input and feedback, from a business user’s perspective to the Cendyn Product group, on solution features and functionality
- Identifies and maximize opportunities to build long term relationships that are mutually beneficial
- Demonstrates the willingness to push your team to continually provide exceptional service and strategy.
- Maintain a working knowledge of each Property Management System and how it integrates with Cendyn products
- Make high impact presentations to influence client actions
- Use Salesforce and other CRM products to communicate and track customer interactions
Required Education and Experience:
- BA or BS from accredited college or university, or equivalent business experience
As this position handles a mix of products both marketing and revenue management related, experience in one of the below is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in Account management, key account management or sales
- Proven Experience in Hotel marketing
- Proven experience in Hospitality or Casino Revenue Management
Additional experience in these areas is a plus.
- Experience in Hotel Operations or equivalent experience
- Experience in working in a CRM or email marketing field, preferably in the hospitality vertical
- Experience evaluating competitive landscape, market trends, and customer insights
- Familiarity with CRM database applications and enterprise-level software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint
- Fluent in English and German
- Business Management Skills - Strong leadership skills (listening, communications, coaching,), proven ability to formulate and implement strategies, demonstrated ability to influence internal teams and customers
- Account / Relationship Management - ability to retain and grow accounts, with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Planning and Organizational Skills –Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Decision Making – Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Office Tools – Strong technical aptitude and skilled in MS Windows-based office tools including SharePoint, presentation software, database software and desktop applications.
- Empowerment, Coaching and Teambuilding – Ability to provide guidance and coaching while empowering colleagues to perform their role. Create and maintain sense of teamwork to ensure accountability, cooperation, and collaboration towards a common goal.
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking – Ability to interpret and analyze situations, identify solutions, and formulate recommendations for effective management.
- Innovation – Ability to initiate creative thinking to accomplish continuous improvement and evolution of the department.
- Communication – Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Solid communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff, and/or outside contacts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment, influence others and maintain a professional and positive manner.
- Proven results of delivering customers solutions and meeting targets and goal
- In-depth understanding of company key clients and their position in the industry
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
This job operates in a home office or office environment. Working in an office environment requires a high degree of discipline and the ability to work with others in a moderately noisy open office environment with centrally controlled heat/AC setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This position may require up to 35% of travel. Travel may be international, overnight and outside of regular business hours.
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.