The Talent Acquisition &. Development Specialist nurtures a healthy and productive work environment by developing and supporting People function initiatives. This role understands that the key to a successful organization is a well-supported and fulfilled team. This position will develop and drive recruitment strategies including employer branding, sourcing, pipeline building, and candidate experience. This role will have responsibility for the full life cycle of recruitment and ATS management. The Talent Acquisition &. Development Specialist builds recruitment processes and help to enhance recruitment systems to attract, select and retain top talent.
The Talent Acquisition &. Development Specialist will help drive Bitfocus’ values and philosophy through talent management activities that are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision. Talent programs include onboarding, performance management, recognition and rewards, career development, career pathing, and other strategic projects. The role will execute and measure the effectiveness of talent programs; partner and collaborate with leaders to develop, communicate and implement programs and processes.
- Partner with leaders across Bitfocus to help them solve their most crucial talent needs.
- Work with autonomy leading the recruitment process from initial strategy to candidate offer, ensuring an outstanding candidate experience as well as internal efficiency and consistency
- Act as employee brand ambassador; collaborate with marketing team regarding branding and advertisement to optimize recruitment strategy
- Dial in quickly on ideal target profiles, adjusting strategy accordingly as we take roles to market.
- Proactively build applicant pipelines to meet current and future business needs
- Source potential candidates through online channels, such as social platforms and professional networks.
- Provide documentation and training to support hiring managers and interviewers across the group
- Acts as a ATS system administrator and subject matter expert
- Maintain recruitment key performance indicators and metrics and present reports as needed
- Share information on trends in talent acquisition with management and recommends ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to Bitfocus goals and mission
- Assist in the collection and analysis of market data for compensation and benefits benchmarks
- Maintain job board partnerships and advertisements
- Oversee the referral process, and recommend/execute process improvements
- Maintain job descriptions and job ads
Onboarding & Talent Development
- Assist in developing and perfecting our Bitfocus onboarding program to provide a best-in-class experience to ensure employees are set up for success
- Partner with the People Operations Generalist and hiring managers to ensure smooth and efficient onboarding workflow as well as compliance procedures
- Identify development gaps when an employee is in the first 30/60/90 days in their role and then work with leadership to build out content to address those gaps
- In close partnership with the People Operations Director and other internal stakeholders, provide support in various talent management areas including performance management, identifying key training that supports employee development, goal tracking, and alignment
- Keep a pulse on department and individual development needs and recommends ideas and programs to address those needs
- Promote development programs and learning opportunities to encourage participation and engagement
- Coordinates with L&D Department to ensure quality content and delivery to support development needs
- In partnership with Bitfocus leaders, create and maintain career growth tracks to provide clear expectations and advancement opportunities
- Provide support with employee recognition and rewards programs to incentivize and reward high performers
- Share information on trends in talent management/development with the People Operations team and recommend ideas and strategies that will contribute to Bitfocus goals and mission.
- Ownership of Bitfocus performance management software, Lattice
- Evaluate onboarding program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Maintain development of key performance indicators and metrics and present reports as needed
Strategic Initiative Support
- Assist with the design and execution of various People Operations initiatives as needed.
Required Skills and Experience That Drive Success In This Role:
- 2-5 years demonstrated experience in talent management process and programs and or talent acquisition or similar role
- Strong ability to operate proactively to enhance People programs and initiatives
- Highly detail-oriented, analytic, energetic, and self-motivated individual
- Passion for a talent mindset and driving performance and growth
- Comfortable working in an environment in which businesses processes, tools, deadlines, etc. are continually evolving
- Committed to creating & searching for new and innovative approaches to activities that enhance performance
- Resourceful in overcoming roadblocks that hinder processes
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable with change - knows how and when to be an effective, successful change agent
- High degree of organizational and time management skills; able to set and manage expectations and competing priorities
- Proficiency with social media and professional networking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent Communication: You will be responsible for communicating with employees, managers, and executives. This requires you to be able to convey information in a way that everyone understands.
- Problem Solving: Your ability to solve problems can help you develop effective solutions that improve employee satisfaction and productivity.
- Data Analysis: You will be responsible for analyzing employee data to help your company make better hiring and development decisions. Data analysis can also help you identify trends in employee performance and other workplace data to help you develop more effective training programs.
- Empathic and Ethical: Self-aware, accepting, honest, open, polite and respectful of others
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) on human resources management or similar field
- Professional credential such as SHRM certification
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems and LMS technology
- Knowledge of performance management software (Lattice)