Wherever drivers go, we’re leading the way. Agero’s mission is to rethink the vehicle ownership experience through a powerful combination of passionate people and data-driven technology, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their customers. As the #1 B2B, white-label provider of digital driver assistance services, we’re pushing the industry in a new direction, taking manual processes, and redefining them as digital, transparent, and connected. This includes: an industry-leading dispatch management platform powered by Swoop; comprehensive accident management services; knowledgeable consumer affairs and connected vehicle capabilities; and a growing marketplace of services, discounts and support enabled by a robust partner ecosystem. The company has over 150 million vehicle coverage points in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and many others. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to approximately 12 million service events annually. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com.
This position will work closely with our Architecture, Application, DevOps, and Site Reliability engineers. The ability to be flexible, yet focused is essential to success in this fast-moving dynamic environment.
- Analyze and deeply understand the distribution of compliance with internal controls across our cloud platform and applications
- Design and create highly automated, self-service products and blueprints to help platform customers meet compliance objectives easily.
- Develop automation to streamline defect resolution and evidence collection
- Maintain security and compliance service catalog for cloud platform.
- Act as internal DevSecOps evangelist; demonstrating the benefits of embedding security and compliance to DevOps.
- Develop procedures to automate security and compliance checks during code builds and deployments.
- Train internal customer in the best practice cloud security and compliance-focused tools.
- Write and maintain relevant documentation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred;
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 3-5 years’ experience in DevOps and Application Security engineering
- 2+ years Cloud Security experience (AWS, GCP, and/or Azure)
- Must be proficient in one or more scripting languages: Python, Unix Shell, Perl, PowerShell
- Experience with static, dynamic, and interactive application security testing platforms. (SAST/DAST/IAST)
- Experience with web application security best practices (e.g. OWASP)
- Experience working with WAF and API security tools.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows/Linux/Unix, and related tools.
- Experience with Splunk
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to drive adoption of AWS services and company standards of use.
- Passion for cloud computing and building large scale web-based applications.
- Strong knowledge of network and web application exploitation, ethical hacking, penetration testing, computer forensics and tool development
- Experience securing serverless and containers
- Experience with monitoring and logging at scale
- Embrace a culture of continuous development and service excellence
- AWS, GCP, or Azure Cloud Certifications
- CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, CCSK, CompTIA Security +, or equivalent security
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with all levels of management and staff
D, E & I Mission & Culture at Agero:
We are all Change Drivers at Agero. Each day, we speak to thousands of drivers and tow professionals across one of the most diverse countries in the world. Our mission to safeguard drivers on the road, strengthen our clients’ relationships with their drivers, and support the communities we live and work in unites us together as one force driving positive change.
The road to positive change starts inside Agero. In celebrating each other’s differences, we lift each other up and create space for innovation and community. Bringing our whole selves to work powers our commitment, drive, agility, and courage - ensuring we are not only changing the landscape of the driver services industry, we also are making a difference in the lives of our customers with each call, chat, and rescue.Looking to learn more about each of our Associate Resource Groups? Watch the short videos below highlighting each group, featuring their Co-Leads!
- Black Leaders Action Community (B.L.A.C.)
- Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
- Women Who Lead
United States: AZ, CA, FL, NC, IL, KY, MA, MI, NM, TN, TX, VA or WA.
Canada: Province of Ontario
Northern Ireland: Greater Belfast Area