Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a Lead, Merchant Support, you will be responsible for the management and leadership of the Tech Support team to ensure that any technical or operational issues our merchants face are quickly resolved. You will work cross-functionally with Affirm’s Sales, Client Success, Customer Operations, and Engineering teams to provide clients with quick solutions, troubleshoot account issues, and build internal processes that scale. As a Lead, you will coach, inspire, assist, and lead the team to achieve aggressive goals, grow careers, and shock our merchants with world class support. The Lead is instrumental in not only ensuring the team achieves overall business objectives including productivity and accuracy of work, but also in providing a sense of belonging, inclusion, and focus on personal development for each individual on the team.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of Tech Support Specialists in a hyper-growth environment including developing the team for future changes, managing the team’s change resilience and minimizing performance impacts associated with change
- Drive employee engagement and a high performance culture ensuring effective performance management, coaching, and development and creating an environment where people can excel through accountability, encouragement, and empowerment
- Manage performance metrics across multiple channels including satisfaction, productivity metrics, and service levels including handling cases that meet quality standards
- Consistently improve the merchant experience by identifying pain points in process and proposing well developed solutions
- Use strong presentation and communication skills to report findings and recommendations to leadership teams
What we look for
- 2+ years of experience in people management positions with previous experience working in startups, fintech, or tech support roles
- Strong sense of urgency, high accountability, and excellent attention to detail with the capability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Forward thinking approach with ability to problem-solving complex issues to drive shared goals across internal and external teams
- Proven experience in leading teams through major change and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to maintain composure and act as a role model when presented with barriers or when results are not as expected
- Strong empathy and service level focus
Location - Remote Canada
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.