Jafferjee Brothers Exports (Pvt) Ltd
Bureau Veritas Building Assessments & Project Management
Job type full-time number of hires for this role 2 to 4
Full job description
To apply for this position please go to https://careers.bureauveritas.com/ and type 82978 in the search by keyword toolFor any questions reach out to 800-733-0660 x6460.
Job title: project coordinator
Department: construction service (541)
Reports to: senior program manager
Flsa status: exempt
Date updated: 8/2/2019
Updated by: debra maxwell
Summary: provides technical and administrative support to the construction services department, while developing increased technical and project management skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities: include the followingOther job-related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
· provides technical and administrative support to the construction services department
· coordination of document gathering for pre-construction document and budget reviews, and provide initial categorizations of the documents.
· provide the construction services with project administrative and client liaison support.
· conduct on-site inspections for construction monitoring reports.
· provide limited review construction monitoring reports.
· administrative proposal and contract support for projects specific only to construction services.
· research prior project information, process change orders, research prior reports and track project processAssist with resolving general issues regarding point of contact(s), site information, client delivery and field managementAssist with client follow-up with regards to projects on-hold or awaiting final deliverables.
· perform special projects as assigned by the program manager to capture additional requirements or satisfy client needs.
· coordinate various efforts in support of projects from project initiation through project close-out.
· export various tracking reports from bv database in support of tracking projects.
· protects operations by keeping company information confidential.
· deliver outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions for bv clients and client teamUnderstands and maintains an appropriate level of professionalism and urgency that fits the situation.
· demonstrates bv's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
· follows all documented policies, standard operating procedures, and work instructions applicable to the position and support of bv's quality standards.
· maintains safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
· may be required to work overtime with prior authorization from supervisor.
· ability to successfully work from remote location.
Qualifications: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorilyThe requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability requiredReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience: undergraduate degree in architecture or engineering preferredProficient in microsoft word and excel; basic understanding of and experience with database applications relevant commercial real estate, environmental or engineering industry preferred.
Certificates, licenses, registrations: not required.
Other qualifications: excellent verbal and written communications skills; detail-oriented; ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; ability to work independently and to perform in a team setting.
Physical demands: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this jobReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands and fingers to handle, or feelThe employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hearThe employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 poundsSpecific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this jobReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Eeo/aae: bv is an equal opportunity employerM/f/v/d are encouraged to applyBv is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by lawAll qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled veterans”, or veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to applyBv values the service veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning service membersBv is a federal contractor and requests priority referrals of protected veteransQuestions: jennifer dodson, 800-733-0660.
Please understand that this offer does not create a contract of employment for a definite term or a contract of continuing employmentBv is an at-will employer and either party can terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
Job type: full-time
Pay: $1.00 - $2.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to friday
This job is ideal for someone who is:
Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible